- WHERE ARE THE REPUBLICANS AND INDEPENDENTS?
- WHERE IS ANYBODY?
- the "green" movement were inventing a patented system to
- trade residential carbon credits.
Patent No. 6904336 was approved by the U.S. Patent and Trade Office on Nov. 7, 2006 -- the day after Democrats took control of Congress....
It wasn't about mortgages. It was about greenbacks. The patent, which Fannie Mae confirmed
- it still owns with Cantor Fitzgerald subsidiary CO2e.com,
gives the mortgage giant a lock on the fledgling carbon trading market, thus also giving it a
- major financial stake in the success of cap-and-trade legislation.
Besides Raines, the other "inventors" are:
* Former Fannie Vice President and Deputy General Counsel G. Scott Lesmes, who provided legal advice on Fannie Mae's debt and equity offerings;
* Former Fannie Vice President Robert Sahadi, who now runs GreenSpace Investment Financial Services out of his 5,002-square-foot Clarksburg home;
* 2008 Barack Obama fundraiser Kenneth Berlin, an environmental law partner at Skadden Arps;
* Michelle Desiderio, director of the National Green Building Certification program, which trains "green" monitors;