- There is no more iconic symbol of the colossal failure of the global-warming alarmists' climate-fear predictions than
- the claim that the Arctic sea ice will disappear in a few years.
- Yet a huge recovery of that sea ice is exactly what has happened again, showing how political activist scientists twisted their models and data to get the "right" answer. A number of studies published in the Geophysical Research Letters by the Jet Propulsion Laboratorystarting in late 2007 used satellite data to show that unusual Arctic winds conditions,
- According to surface temperature data from the Climate Research Unit, Arctic temperatures have declined since 2004 and continue that trend.
- Thus the 2007 Arctic sea ice decline was not driven by changes in temperatures, which further supports the conclusions of the JPL studies.
According to satellite data from the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency there is now more Arctic sea ice present than at any time during the last seven years and the trend of growing sea ice continues for both winter and summer conditions. This outcome is completely opposite to what the United Nations IPCC predicted, again demonstrating their political climate-fear bias.
- California needs to stop the economic suicide contained in AB 32 and start reconsidering the overwhelming evidence showing that the
global warming crisis is a fraud driven by political ideology.
Larry HamlinDana Point"
Letter to Orange County Register, 4/2/10, "Get ready, global warming's thin ice is breaking," via Tom Nelson