- Gore could not have sold his 'sinking islands' scam without partners in the media, taking pictures of fake events, underwater cabinet meetings, etc. and telling us it was tragedy and it was all our selfish fault. They made money along with him.
- Al Gore argued that the selfishness of Western industrialization would obliterate small, impoverished countries.
"Although the sea level has risen and fallen through different geological periods, never has the change been anywhere near as rapid as that now expected as a consequence of global warming," he wrote. "... [I]sland nations like the Maldives and Vanuatu (formerly New Hebrides), will be devastated if the projections made by scientists turn out to be accurate."
- Mr. Gore solemnly predicted that millions of poor inhabitants would be forced to flee their homelands in a desperate bid for survival - unless we adopt his political agenda.
- It just isn't so.
In a forthcoming issue of the journal Global and Planetary Change, researchers from the University of Auckland in New Zealand and the Pacific Islands Applied Geoscience Commission in Fiji documented changes in 27 vulnerable, low-lying reef islands in the Central Pacific.
- Using aerial photographs taken as early as 1944, the areas were carefully mapped and compared with modern satellite images.
It turns out that the islands did, in fact, change over time, but they are hardly sinking. Overall, 20 grew or remained stable. The island of Funamanu, for example,
- expanded from 7.4 acres to 9.5 acres in size - a 28 percent growth. Only seven islands shrunk, with the
- biggest percentage change occurring on Tengasu, which dropped from a tiny 1.7 acres to 1.5 acres - a diminishment of 9,670 square feet, the
- size of Mr. Gore's Tennessee mansion."...
Washington Times editorial, "Pacific Islands not sinking from global warming"