- Manager Trey Hillman said on Friday that Soria is expected to miss at least the next three to five days because of tightness behind his right shoulder.
"There is a problem but it's not a DL situation," Hillman said. "He doesn't have any structural damage but he does have a tight right shoulder on the back side. We're looking at a minimum of three to five days."
- Both Hillman and Soria insisted earlier this week that he was fine despite
- not appearing in a game for eight straight days.
He returned on Wednesday night to post a save at Cleveland but apparently felt stiffness on Thursday.
- General manager Dayton Moore said the stiffness came to the Royals' attention last Saturday at Texas while Soria was warming up as a potential replacement for Zack Greinke who finished the game.
Hillman said he'd kept Soria's situation under wraps until now
- to avoid tipping off opposing teams."...
- IS FORCED TO APOLOGIZE TO THE MEDIA.