- "September 29, 2009, at 5:08PM, Michael Mann wrote:
"All they have to do is put it up on their blog, and
the contrarian noise machine kicks into gear, pretty soon Druge, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn
Beck and their ilk (in this case, The Telegraph were already on it this morning) are
parroting the claims. And based on what? some guy w/ no credentials, dubious connections
with the energy industry, and who hasn't submitted his claims to the scrutiny of peer
- Fortunately, the prestige press doesn't fall for this sort of stuff, right?
- Mann's email to Revkin was in response to the following:
needless to say, seems the 2008 pnas paper showing that without tree rings still solid
picture of unusual recent warmth, but McIntyre is getting wide play for his statements
about Yamal data-set selectivity.
Has he communicated directly to you on this and/or is there any indication he's seeking journal publication for his deconstruct?
Andrew C. Revkin
The New York Times / Environment
620 Eighth Ave., NY, NY 10018
Tel: 212-556-7326 Mob: 914-441-5556
- In between the 2 emails was this reference to the US Senate's vote on CAP AND TRADE:
science in the weeks leading up to the
- vote on cap & trade in the U.S. senate. This is no"...